Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 9:13 PM
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] GOPHER damage

Hi All,

We acquired a couple of (I hope) specialty gohper traps a month ago.  Any suggestions on a training program?  I have heard that they only hunt if their mothers trained them.  We lost our former gopher cat a couple of years ago and they have gone wild in their takeover of the whole place.  Darker = Gren (Grendal)  Lighter = Kazi )kamikazi)

Jan in Chatsworth

Vicki <jvickic@comcast.net> wrote:
Hi Ann and Ellen,
Ann, We have over a half acre in iris and it is broken up into three different areas on our 1 2/3rd acre. I don't think chicken wire would work. Ellen, I think the gophers are unaffected  to any poison in the rhizomes.  They have destroyed several iris so far this year and nearly wiped out one large section of our garden last year when Jim was so ill.
So hopefully, someone will have another suggestion. Oh, yes we have tried the traps, too.
Vicki

Got a little couch potato?

Got a little couch potato?

__._,_.___