Re: JI - La Mouette and JI - Simply Stated

  • Subject: Re: JI - La Mouette and JI - Simply Stated
  • From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@ncia.net>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:36:49 -0700 (PDT)

Loic - the hybridizer is Phil Cook, my neighbor up here in the northern reaches of New England bordering Quebec. I think this was his first introduction but I am not sure.  I first saw it at the Japanese Iris mini-convention two or three years ago. It was in the auction at the final dinner when the name was announced, almost every hand went up to bid on it. I looked over at Phil and he looked  like he was in shock...good shock. :-)  I will send him your comments....he grows mostly Siberians and Japanese along with some species.

R Dennis Hager is the hybridzer of 'Simply Stated' and also of  Gingham Geisha' that I posted on iris-photos last week. He is doing some good work as well as Phil and others.

Ellen

loic tasquier <tasquierloic@cs.com> wrote:
Whao!
La Mouette   ("The Seagull")   is fabulous!

I was like a shock when i saw it!

It is so sharply cut, you could almost hear the birds scream in the sky.

I really love it!

Thanks, Ellen!

Loïc