Re: HYB: long road2

  • Subject: Re: HYB: long road2
  • From: smciris@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 22:56:01 EDT

In a message dated 7/31/2007 1:45:59 PM Mountain Daylight Time, fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net writes:
I am afraid that seeds in a glass container may have a hard time figuring out up from down.  I think that depends on light, light being up and dark being down.  If I am mistaken about this, someone let me know.
In my experience, the most important factor is gravity.  I found that even seeds that sprouted in the refrigerator's dark vegetable drawer would send their leaves up and roots down if they had not been tumbled.  In contrast, any setup that allowed the seeds to change orientation could lead to misshappen seedlings.  This is one reason I came to prefer perlite.  It not only controls the moisture but holds the seeds in place and makes it easy to reposition them properly after inspection.

Sharon McAllister

__._,_.___
Yahoo! News

Sexual Health