Re: HYB: Green tints in seedlings

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Green tints in seedlings
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 09:29:52 +0200

So rich and fat structure, overlapping falls, great harmony of colours, you've got really great seedlings Francelle, bravo!
Talking of green, here is my first rebloomer!
it has maiden bloomed in May, then rebloomed yesterday.
Not strikingly beautiful, far from the richness of Francelle's beauties, but early rebloom like this is already a nice reward!
it has also one more flower (4) than in May (3).
And the greenish yellow colour maybe sth to keep and work with.
it's as if Charabia (light yellow with a purple spot) had pushed Maui Moonlight (light yellow) towards a greener shade of yellow.
Cayeux made the same kind of cross, a bright yellow amoena (Yes) with a 'dirtier one'( Sea Monster) and got Verdissant. (vert = green in French).
who, like Betty, could die (or kill...)  for a repeat, cycle & everblooming / continuous / non-daylight dependant  rebloomer!
     zone 7 - Nederland