REB: Cricket Song and Easy Smile (July 3 in Maryland)

  • Subject: REB: Cricket Song and Easy Smile (July 3 in Maryland)
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 11:35:28 -0700 (PDT)

Just another update... since nothing else (iris-wise) is blooming for me here in Maryland... here's another stalk of 'Cricket Song'. And although it's sister, 'Easy Smile', doesn't seem to be showing quite as much tendency for summer bloom, it did surprise me with one stalk that opened its first bloom on Friday (July 3). Both of these seedlings have bloomed Spring and Fall for three years, but this is the first they've done this summer bloom. I hope that it's a maturity thing and that they do it every year from now on.
Both are diploid MTB's registered Dec 2008, with the parentage Iris cengialtii X 'Clown Pants' [which is Iris variegata X suaveolens var. mellita].