Re: HYB: Megglethorp seedling pod fertility

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Megglethorp seedling pod fertility
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:14:24 -0400

I count around 60? seeds. Are those all from one pod? <Below> average
count for you??

I'm envious! ;-(

Lucky to get more than 20 or 30 here, at least from registered parents.
40 is a <lot> for me. Seedling x seedling usually do better, but I
don't think I've ever seen more than 70 seeds/pod.

Life in the "vale" combined with weird gene matches, I guess.

<The seed number per pod might have been a little below average Tom Silvers>

Linda Mann
TN