Re: REB: MTB Easy Smile (another late stalk)

  • Subject: Re: REB: MTB Easy Smile (another late stalk)
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 05:53:05 -0700 (PDT)

I really have been enjoying these off season blooms. I'm hoping that they'll bloom again in September and October, like they have the past three years, because I'm still tickled with blooms that time of year too!

And even if it may be that the odd weather this season has been what's triggered these off season blooms, it still hints at the potential that these guys might have for breeding reliable all-summer blooming irises. At least they've got a tendency to summer bloom, I haven't gotten a single stalk on any other iris, since the normal season ended.

Thanks for sharing in my excitement! Tom

Margie V. wrote:

How fortunate you are!!!.......to have rebloom (or repeat bloom) in the summer. That could put an "easy smile" on anyone's face. :_) Very nice!

~ Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.