HYB: Tenderly X Betty Dunn summer maiden
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: HYB: Tenderly X Betty Dunn summer maiden
  • From: <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 00:26:54 -0400

This is in a section of the garden where nothing has ever grown well,
not just iris, but assorted vegetables over the years.  On the other hand,
neither parent is a strong grower here and I suspect when I dig it up to give
it a better spot, I will find a substandard root system.  Open standards and
curled edges (some fried brown on opening) seem to indicate stress.

Anybody have any insight or speculation on the cause?  I suspect the previous
owner dumped something in this area long ago.

Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5