Re: REB: Humor: Beetle Bait
  • Subject: Re: REB: Humor: Beetle Bait
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 16:50:41 -0400

Nicely done!  --  Griff
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2012 1:39 AM
Subject: [iris-photos] REB: Humor: Beetle Bait

Yes, I hate posting pictures of distressed rebloomers, but I have
no hesitation in posting bad verse.
10-146BRE: Tenderly X (English Charm x Mother Earth) 32", 3 branches
and spur, 9 buds. Sib to the fall maiden posted last Feb and to 7 others
with spent primaries from 26 planted in 2011.
Beetle Bait
It's not your fault, I know it's not
You tried too late last fall.
There was record heat and drought
And you're a baby, after all.
Of course you were not big enough
To do the job this spring.
Quick as you can, I see you bloom
But, sweetie, here's the thing.
When you put in all that effort
To bloom so late in June,
You need to realize, my dear,
The bugs will eat them soon.
For every summer bloom you make
Will just be a raw deal
Before they're fully open,
They become a beetle meal.
If you could wait till fall, my love
It wouldn't be so bad.
When many of the bugs are gone,
Then you won't look so sad.
I'll line you out, I'll treat you right,
I'll keep my fingers crossed.
But blooming here, this time of year,
I fear that cause is lost.