Re: ADM. New Index
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com

Announcing a large change affecting the AIS Website and also the Iris Encyclopedia!. You can now use a traditional index to find anything on the website and in the Encyclopedia. If you are on the main page of the Encyclopedia you will see a label on the left sidebar that says General Iris Topics. Click on it and you are there. If you cannot following these instructions here is the url http://wiki.irises.org/bin/view/Main/IrisInfo.

Previously the Encyclopedia only listed the wiki words, (the page names), for topics. Many found this to be off-putting. So now you have an easy way to navigate through the Encyclopedia and the website. I apologize that more is not there but remember the wiki is a collaboration platform. Any omissions, or errors can be corrected by its docents. Now if one chooses to complain you can change it, or contact those who can. We are building a plant Society together and all of us have a responsibility to make it the best we can.

If you use the AIS website frequently you may be seeing old pages in your computer's cache. Before thinking something has not been updated, be sure to do a refresh on that page.

Special note to Iris Editors:

Everyone is invited to contribute topics to the Encyclopedia. Perhaps some articles from your newsletters would be great to reprint there. Please contact me for help in doing so. An example of an article reprinted from the AIS blog is at http://wiki.irises.org/bin/view/Hist/InfoWillisJFryer. You can see the format changes a bit. You also may consider that many additional photos can be attached and printed in an article that could not be affordable in print.