[PHOTO] 94-HW-1 | Thu, 8 Jul 1999 10:52:34" />

[PHOTO] 94-HW-1

Most of you have already seen this, but for those of you not on Al's
mailing list he gave me permission to pass this along.  This is one of Al
McMurtrie's new seedlings.  And now I'll let him do the talking......
_____

1999's pride and joy is seedling 94-HW-1 (I expect this to be one of the
pictures in the July Bulletin) which is an F2 sophenensis x danfordiae
hybrid:  <<94-HW-1B150.JPG>>

The overall colour is slightly creamy, not pure white as the picture might
suggest.

94-HW-1: 89-Q-1 x 89-AC-4 (light blue x dark blue with marked yellow
influence), its bud was pale yellow like winogradowii!  The overall colour
when it opened was cream.  Its style arms were white with wide greyed blue
stripes on either side!  There were blue veins on the fall, but they weren't
on the fall blade itself, rather up by the style arm.  There was a soft
yellow highlight around the end of the fall ridge.  It's quite nice.  I
couldn't have asked for a more special first F2 bloom!  Now it's a matter of
increasing stock to the point where there's enough to start introduction:
possibly in 7 years time.  I expect the four flower parts are just an
environmental anomaly and next year it will have the normal three.
_____

JPEG image

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com