[PHOTO] Hist:Unknown TB | Fri, 16 Jul 1999 22:11:29" />

[PHOTO] Hist:Unknown TB

Hi all,  These are the first irises I saw at the age of 5 or so , they
stopped me in my tracks then and have got me really fascinated now.

They are 40 inches or more on thin spured stalks , bud count about 6 or
8 , multi branched and pretty much the most vigorous grower I've seen to
date.  They survived in clay and didn't bloom for over a decade until I
gave them a new home.  The hafts are edged yellow , style crest is also
yellow.  This iris has an intriguing scent and was a real street stopper
until the wind got to them .  The clump increased so much that I'm
reluctant to dig and separate incase they decide to skip a year of
bloom.

Any ideas , I thought they could be Depute Nomblot but am unsure...

Chris Darlington

JPEG image