OneList Description of Iris-Photos

From: "Harry Dewey" <harryd@Kreative.net>

Dear Jim:
 May I make a suggestion, please?    Could you kindly alter your official
description of Iris-Photos on Onelist, which now reads:

iris-photos [English] [Safe for Kids] Similar lists
This list is for the exchange of photos of irises and iris associated
subjects, people, and shows.
For more information, mailto:jijones@ix.netcom.com

Could you add a sentence so that it reads:

iris-photos [English] [Safe for Kids] Similar lists
This list is for the exchange of photos of irises and iris associated
subjects, people, and shows. Please do not subscribe to the digest form, as
the digests are stripped of the photo attachments, and digest subscribers
therefore do not receive any pictures.
For more information, mailto:jijones@ix.netcom.com

Based on your present description on OneList, I recently subscribed to
Iris-Photos.  I was disappointed not to receive any photos.  All I got were
messages ABOUT photos.  The photos themselves were tantalizingly missing.
After several days, I did some investigating, by starting to read the
archives.  I spent about a half hour, and finally discovered a message from
you saying that the photos are not sent out with the digests, and that it is
necessary to subscribe in "single" (or "normal" form, as Onelist calls it).
I also discovered that I am not the only person who learned this the hard
way.  Wouldn't it be much simpler to add a sentence to the list description,
as I have suggested above, and then new subscribers would be spared this
grief.  I imagine that quite a few new members, finding that they receive no
pictures, just unsubscribe, and never know that if they had only NOT
specified "digest" they would be very happy recipients of everyone's fine
photos.

Thank you for considering this suggestion.

Is there a web site where some kind soul has posted ALL the pictures that
have so far been distributed via Iris-Photos?  If so, perhaps it would be
possible to add that information, also, to the official list description.

By the way, I would have sent this to you at the "mailto" address shown in
the list description, but when I tried to do that I received the following
message:

        Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is
not properly installed.

I am sure there are lots of techies who can understand that message (which
comes from Microsoft or Onelist--I don't know which), but I didn't, so I am
posting this to the list.

Cordially yours,

Harry

The planet's eCenter for health & well-being. PlanetRX.