[PHOTO] R: Re: butterfly pattern | Sat, 2 Jun 2001 16:24:03" />

[PHOTO] R: Re: butterfly pattern

  • Subject: [PHOTO] R: [iris-photos] Re: butterfly pattern
  • From: "Roberto Marucchi" <romaru@libero.it>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 23:21:22 +0200

Hi Chuck
I thank you for the advices, I had already noticed that the yellow background exalts the stripes !
In fact crossing Sriped Butterfly with a intense yellow TB (not plicata but plicata parent) I obtained this one that  induced me to develop the stripes.
    Striped Butterfly X (Rippling Waters x Wild Ginger)
His grandson , that  temporary I named Nuovi Orizzonti (New Horizons), of which I attach a most corresponding photo, is undoubtedly a plicata, but I think that the strong stripes in throat have inherited from Striped Butterfly or back from the parent of SB : Butterfly Wings, historical iris by G.B.White.
    Nuovi Orizzonti
I too crossed Butterfly Wings with plicatas obtaining stripes always :
 (B W x Focus) X Queen in Calico
I already crossed Nuovi Orizzonti with Owee Desert and,following your advices, with Corolla (hybrid by my friend Augusto Bianco) and with my GK02:(Kilt Lilt X Queen in Calico).
I think in future to direct the crosses with the ringed plicatas and with the striped like Louis d'Or and Goldkist.
    Owee Desert
        Corolla                                                                            GK02:(Kilt Lilt X Queen in Calico)
Thanks again.