[PHOTO] HYB: seedling 27-26-A | Mon, 4 Jun 2001 13:50:45" />

[PHOTO] HYB: seedling 27-26-A

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] HYB: seedling 27-26-A
  • From: "MARVIN EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 11:50:47 -0600

This is a surprise that showed up in my seedling row this spring.  It is
from RASPBERRY SNOW X SWEETER THAN WINE.  I made the cross a couple of years
ago before I had heard that placatas should not be crossed with regular
irises.  The first two blossoms had color broken steaks all over them, and I
thought they were ugly.  Before I found time to get the shovel, others
bloomed with the peach-pink standards of STW and purple streaks just on the
falls.  Is this unusual?  Anyway it won the clump a reprieve from the trash
heap.  I'll keep it to see what it will do next year.
Franncelle Edwards, Glendale, AZ