Re: Amost Ready to Post Pictures

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Amost Ready to Post Pictures
  • From: "Harold Peters" <harold@directcon.net>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:20:28 -0700

Much too large a file size. Thanks for noticing and asking first. The first
thing you need to know is the file format. jpg is what you want. jpg allows
file size compression.

The procedure to reduce file size is crop to area of interest, change
resolution to 72 or 75 dpi, then compress between 10 and 20 to get the file
to 15 to 25 kb. I recommend posting just a couple and asking for more
detailed input. If the cropped area is rather small, the image can be
resized to be larger or the resolution can be set higher. Shauna is real
good with the details.

Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road