Re: Historics: Maybe Blue Rhythm

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Historics: Maybe Blue Rhythm
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gerrysnyder@mediaone.net>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 21:40:27 -0700

"Shauna ." wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Here's a photo of an oldie from my Alberta garden. My best guess after
> reviewing all photos on the HIPS site is that it is "Blue Rhythm"

B R won Queen of Show (not that title officially anymore, though) at the
show at the spring national at Hunt Valley, MD. Clearly older form, but
three perfect blooms on a to-die-for stalk. All of us judging the show
ached for an excuse to vote for a modern iris. There was no excuse. No
other stalk was close. We knew we would take a lot of flack for it, and
we did, but we had no choice.

BTW, your pic looks a lot like what we voted for.

Gerry
mailto:gerrysnyder@mediaone.net
Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair, Region 15 RVP
in warm, winterless Los Angeles--USDA 9b-ish, Sunset 18-19