REB: Multiple multiples

  • Subject: [iris-photos] REB: Multiple multiples
  • From: cathycampi@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 15:14:08 EDT

This is the first year I have grown Iris in full (all day ) sun. Spring bloom
ended in April. Rebloom started in mid May. May was the hotest on record with
a 93F average.MOTHER EARTH,PURE AS GOLD AND FEMINE WILES are on the west edge
of the patch. They all have branching and bloom similar to the picture.

The blooms on this stalk of Mother Earth are normal sized and at least triple
socketed. My concern is that such a blooming frenzy will overstress the
rhizome. Should I pick of enough buds to keep only 5-9 at a time?

Stockton Ca.US Zone 9b+++