Re: beards?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] beards?
  • From: Kenneth Walker <kenww@pacbell.net>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 14:46:52 -0700

Hi Dennis,

I was suprised by your pictures of a "beard" on a louisiana iris.
I knew that I. virginica has a few hairs on the its falls.
I checked some of my references; both I. brevicaulis and
I. giganticaerullea are described as having a pubescent median
ridge on their falls! It would be interesting to know if any of
the hybrids picked up that characteristic.