Re: Sdlg. Haft Marks

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Sdlg. Haft Marks
  • From: "Harold" <harold@directcon.net>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 22:44:42 -0700

Haft marks that do not compliment or add to the attractiveness of the flower
should be a fatal attribute. IMHO This is especially true when the veining
is the historical brown veining. Unfortunately this leads right back to
beauty being in the eye of the beholded. Based on what I can see of your
seedling, I like it and consider that veining to be complimentry. Even Terry
Aitken made that comment about his 02 Concession. Judges appear to be split
on the issue. Some people have a difficult time giving up long  held judging

Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762