Re: not an invader :)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] not an invader :)
  • From: "Judy Hunt" <judyhunt1@bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 13:29:48 -0400

Great site, Roberto.  Thank you for including it!

Judy Hunt, Louisville, KY, USA

Wow ! Very nice !
How much tall is it ?
My ophrys is tall 15 cm around ( 6" ) , very similar , but his structure seems me upsidedown .
The stigma and pollen sac are down ?
I would like to know if CALOPOGON genus is rich of species as OPHRYS genus.
The structure of OPHRYS is made to imitation of an abdomen of insect so that attract the insects males which are the makers of the pollination.
So exists many species which imitate various insects.
Who wants to enjoy seeing any , tries here : http://astro.df.unipi.it/ORCHIDS/index.html