[PHOTO] Re: SDB: Party Animal | Sun, 1 Jun 2003 13:13:48" />

[PHOTO] Re: SDB: Party Animal

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] SDB: Party Animal
  • From: "Francesca R. Thoolen" irisgirl@attbi.com
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 10:56:05 -0700

Sandra, Regarding arilbreds. Have you considered trying arilpums. They are
hybrids between tetraploid OGs x pumila. I would like to stress pumila not
mdb hybrids which may not be true pumilas if your interest lies in breeding.
Their heights fall in the SDB heights but they seem to like a good chill to
enhance their blooming like the pumilas which would work well with Canadian
climates. It is a line which needs more development in creating more variety
to have choices to intercross with and then obtain the real aril signals
that the other arilbreds from arils x TBs can get if choosing the correct
parents with signals to pass on those signals to the next generation. Some
examples of arilpums are Harald Mathes, Germany Barbarella and it so happens
mine Aladdin's Gem. I am enclosing their photos to give you an idea. Hopes
this peaks your curiosity.