[PHOTO] Tetraploid median seedling | Sat, 7 Jun 2003 14:07:32" />

[PHOTO] Tetraploid median seedling

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Tetraploid median seedling
  • From: Sterling Okase sterling_o@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 12:07:27 -0700 (PDT)

Here is a median seedling from my tetraploid crosses.
I crossed the outrageous Zandria with Devotee and got
a median version of Zandria. But to my eye, that
starburst pattern in Zandria is now translating into
heavy haft markings in this seedling. This seedling is
24" tall, has nice branching considering neither
parent has very good branching. It's not growing very
well right now and it only has 7 bud. Flowers are a
little too big to be MTB so I guess it would be BB.
Next step would be to add horns, I guess.

Seattle, WA. USA zone 8

Do you Yahoo!?