Re: Nant Gwilw

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Nant Gwilw
  • From: Sterling Okase sterling_o@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 15:21:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Bob,

I kinda thought someone might ask about the
pronunciation of Nant Gwilw. No, it is not mispelled,
it is really Nant Gwilw. I have been told it is a
place in Wales. The story that comes with this
cultivar is that it was collected at Nant Gwilw,
registered in 1979 by B. L. Davidson. no introduction
date. I was told by Carla Lankow that the
pronunciation is nah-nt gwill-yew. I did a search on
the internet for Nant Gwilw and found this website
mentioning the iris.

Seattle, WA. USA zone 8

--- Robert Dickow <dickow@uidaho.edu> wrote:
> Could you pronounce 'Nant Gwilw' for me? ;-)
> Bob Dickow

Do you Yahoo!?