Re: SINO-SIB: seedling

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] SINO-SIB: seedling
  • From: Gerry Snyder gerrysnyder@attbi.com
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 17:07:30 -0700

In a message dated 6/8/2003 2:07:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
hensler@povn.net writes:

   Sino-Siberians are sometimes referred to as the Chrysographes group.
I.
   delavayi, I. chrysographes, I. wilsonii, I. forrestii, etc. and their
   hybrids are also referred to as 40- chromosome Siberians.

Huh?

Bill Burleson 7a/b

(Sticking my head in with little to go on...)

There are two groups of iris called "Siberian" which are not closely
related. The SS's have the same chromosome count as the Pacific Coast
Natives, and easily interbreed with them. The other Siberians have,
IIRC, 28 chromosomes.

Gerry
--
mailto:gerrysnyder@attbi.com
American Iris Society Affiliates Chair, Symposium Chair, and Director