Re: RE: SDB 01-07-1

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] RE: SDB 01-07-1
  • From: Bill Wells wells@train.missouri.org
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:30:57 -0500

Chuck,

I have neither the experience nor the expertise of many on this list,
but I do have an opinion :-), FWIW.

As usual, I seem to be out-of-step with the world, since I saw no
comments on this one - (SDB 01-07-1). I like both the form and the color
on this one. I am just starting to expand into SDB's, but I see few pics
of SDBs that have form of that quality, so I seldom get "taken" by them
as I often do with TBs. With that form and its dark colors, I'd buy it
in a heartbeat for my garden.

(01-35-3) Of the three that I saw this morning, this one got most of the
comment from others, and it was my least favorite of the three. I did
like the peach veining, but on this one, at least, I did not like the
open standards.

(01-24-2) Lovely in every respect. Stunning blend of colors. I could
find a place for it in my garden, for sure!

It's great fun for me to see the things that you and the other
htbridizers are developing, so by all means, keep the pics coming. The
downside, of course, is that I see so many beautiful irises that I
cannot have. Perhaps I am not discriminating enough... That is one
reason that I seldom comment on the pics I view. I suspect my opinion is
of little value. However, I know what it feels like to post pics and
have no one respond. One wonders if folks are more annoyed than joyed by
  one's postings. Most of the pics I post are not compositions, anyway,
just "mug shots" where I can show as much bloom detail as possible. I
take them for my future reference and also in case, I decide to try to
sell a few after retirement as an income supplement. I hesitate to do
so, however, because that might take some of the joy out of it all.

Bill Wells (southern MO)