Re: Sino-Sib: 'Witt's Forty'

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Sino-Sib: 'Witt's Forty'
  • From: Sterling Okase sterling_o@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 08:18:08 -0700 (PDT)

--- ROBERT PRIES <pries@prodigy.net> wrote:
> Great picture, could I have permission to use it in
> SIGNA's illustrated Iris encyclopedia?

Oops, I am sorry. I don't think I can give permission
on this one. 'Witt's Forty' is not a registered
variety so I don't think it would do any good in the
encyclopedia. It is a seedling of Jean Witt's that I
acquired years ago. I was given the seedling by an
irisarian that was dismantling her garden to sell her
house. When it was given to me, the seedling number
had worn off the plant tag so I just called it 'Witt's

> I am hoping to have pictures of all Cal-Sibes and
> Sino-Siberians

I have a collection of Cal-Sib and Sino-Sib pictures
that you are welcome to use. I would need to scan
them, crop them and fix them up a bit before I send
them. Do you prefer a higher resolution or lower?
Should I send them directly to you or to the list?

Seattle, WA. USA zone 8

Do you Yahoo!?