Re: Big Dig 04 was (Is this Strange Brew?)

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Big Dig 04 was (Is this Strange Brew?)
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 11:20:26 EDT

In a message dated 6/2/2004 7:17:51 AM Central Daylight Time, Autmirislvr writes:

Bill, are these irises from about the same time frame?

Generally, the "Big Dig 04" irises will be from the same time frame as the '03, maybe perhaps a bit later. Into the beds we are digging this year, she planted as she purchased additional iries removing some older less favored ones.

Following is a sampling taken from one of the beds last year or the year before that now grow here.

As a point in passin', these came here from one of those "will work for food" deals except it was "will work for irises". They were not specially selected but were just dug from the clumps as we chose one for weedin' prior to bloom.  (Just to give you some idea of what's likely to be there.)

Right of Spring
Aura Light
Good Show
Rose Teal
Ever After
Blue Suede Shoes
Senota in Blue
Out of Control
Katie Girl
Orange Embers
Splash of Raspberry
Hot Gossip
Perfect Gift
Regal Affair
Burgandy Bubbles
Mother Earth
Bold Look
American Classic
Two Sided Coin
Brazen Beauty

This Hot Gossip photo is taken from the portion of the bed we were weedin'

Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links