Re: HYB: Black and white

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: Black and white
  • From: "Christopher Darlington" <chris.darlington@sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 11:17:54 -0000

I was not aware of these positive facts about Romantic Evening.  All
of our discussions in the past at the SA robin about RM always
discussed its negative qualities as a breeder.  You've mentioned some
mighty important traits I'd like to see in my seedlings.  Now that I
have it, I'll give it a fair chance next year when it blooms.

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "Neil Mogensen" <neilm@c...>
wrote:A couple strong plusses in 'Romantic Evening' offspring include
very wide climate adaptibility, surviving even into zones 3 and 4,
and multiple buds in sockets, sometimes even having four in the
terminal.  Not all do, of course, but it is a strong characteristic
in the progeny, and a *very* desirable trait.

Yahoo! Groups Links