Re: Re: TB: Green irises/ Bayberry Candle

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: TB: Green irises/ Bayberry Candle
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 00:14:36 EDT

In a message dated 6/5/2004 9:41:10 PM Central Daylight Time, donald@eastland.net writes:

I think both
photos look like BAYBERRY CANDLE as it grows here, just taken at
different stages of the bloom's life.

Eaves you are an indeed wise and astute observer. My photo was taken at the beginning of the third day of the bloom opening. I remember it being darker on the bottom than my photo depicts on its initial opening.

In my eyes it got prettier with age so it is easy to remember..... kinda like my wife was doin' till she started gettin' mean.

I was having an identity crisis more due to the color (yellow) saturation in the standards while other photos showed them much lighter. I've accumulated four photos of Bayberry Candle and a casual observer would swear they are all different irises.

Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links