Re: HYB: Romantic Evening [was: HYB: Black and white ]

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] HYB: Romantic Evening [was: HYB: Black and white ]
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 16:41:30 EDT

In a message dated 6/6/2004 2:28:14 AM Central Daylight Time, neilm@charter.net writes:

Genetically, RE is, among several other things, an "Umbrata"--to use Linda Mann's term for the fall-overlay pattern probably derived primarily, but not exclusively, from *Iris variegata.*

I do not know much about the "umbrata" as a pattern or even if it actually is a pattern. It is unlikely I will spend much time beyond here attempting to dechiper my reservation/understanding/misunderstanding/ or concern. Heretofore it seemed to have been used to discribe an absence of color and a spot of color. To my eyes Romantic Evening has neither.

Does your post refer to it being a genetic carrier of the trait? With color? Without color? A carrier of both at the same time?

Alway perplexed and a lot slow.
Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here