Re: TB: RHS Color Chart LENTEN PRAYER, vs. 2

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: RHS Color Chart LENTEN PRAYER, vs. 2
  • From: Robt R Pries <rpries@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 09:56:36 -0700 (PDT)

The Royal Horticultural Society still offers the color chart for sale. It is the basis for most color descriptions of all types of plants. Unfortunately it is now very expensive over $100. Mike if you would like to see one let me know and I could bring mine to the St. Louis Iris Society meetings.

Mike Ayers <otisburg426@yahoo.com> wrote:
Sharon,
RHS stands for Royal Horticultural Society and 71A refers to a color on a chart the RHS published - as I understand it, many years ago.  I've been told it's long out of print and nearly impossible to obtain now - anyone know know more about that?  It does make it difficult for those of us without it to visualize a given color!!

Mike Ayers
St Louis MO

slengst@aol.com wrote:
TB: Lenten Prayer - Schreiner, '98

Beetroot purple (RHS 71A) self; beards bishops purple

I didn't like the other dozen photos of this, and tried again, with forced flash.  I like this one.
Can someone explain to be (a sort of newbie) what the "(RHS 71A)" et al in descriptions means?

Thanks, in advance for the explanation.

Sharon Engstrom
Colville, WA
zone 4b

> ATTACHMENT part 2 image/jpeg name=LentenPrayer6_7_sm1.jpg

Do you Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links