TB: A Roberts' seedling: 97-88a

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: A Roberts' seedling: 97-88a
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 21:51:21 EDT

Roberts' seedling 97-88a: A casual iris person might walk by this seedling in an iris patch. It does not glare at you the way many irises do...... In fact, neither in person or in the picture does it have any glare at all! The photo was taken in full sun. Not a glint, glimmer, sheen, shine nor hint of them, anywhere, any kind.....none. It's like looking at soft light hitting plush dark fabric.

I recall the bloom being of darker tint with perhaps more blue than my photo depicts but might be wrong.

Needless to say, I've not seen another iris exhibit this non-reflective quality over its entire bloom structure. Yep, makes it appear soft and plush. Perhaps someone else has? Needless to say Merle seems to have found another dimension to the concept of monochromatic color scheme in iris blooms. Along with those reflective surfaces I did not find? I did not find haft marks either.

Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links