I am looking for a photo with name,to help id my TB

  • Subject: [iris-photos] I am looking for a photo with name,to help id my TB
  • From: "Anna Smith" <goatcreek@keremeos.net>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 21:37:43 -0700

When we moved to our farm 4 years ago, there was among others, a lovely TALL TB Iris...one of the tallest I have seen...it  is a ruffled bright yellow with a yellow edged fall, about 1/4 inch or so, and the center of the fall starts out a light lavender, then fades to a white...the flower is very big, and fragrant.I tried to get pics of it, and they are on the other computer at the minute so can't send yet. Anyway, it is a lovely lovely Iris. BTW, I tried pollinating it with the also  NOID tall TB near black (non ruffled, fragrant, 3 buds to a stalk), and have a seed pod forming! Dunno if I will get anything interesting or not, but wanted to see if I could do it....I also pollinated the reverse, so will beinterested in seeing what happens...

Anna
always up for a challenge

---