SPEC-X?: sdlng

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] SPEC-X?: sdlng
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 21:08:49 -0400

Way back in the early days of this group, Arnold Koekkoek, you sent me
some seeds of beardless iris that I believe you said came from Dave
Niswonger.  I'm not sure which batch this came from, but might be able
to figure it out if anybody is interested.  Seems like the seeds
included crosses of siberian cultivars with a somewhat recently
collected species similar to siberians, but with smaller, narrower
foliage, earlier blooming I think.

Plus there were some Missouriensis crosses?

One of them finally bloomed this year, in dense shade.  It wasn't shady
when I planted them - lined them out in 1997, I think.

On my monitor, the color is close - much pinker than the average
Siberian.  Bloomed at the same time as the Louisianas, after most of the
Siberians.  Larger bloom size than most of my wildling Siberians.

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8