Re: BB: Orinoco Flow

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: BB: Orinoco Flow
  • From: "Neil Mogensen" <neilm@charter.net>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 14:57:02 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "Sandra" <bardraj2003@y...> wrote:
"[photo] Orinoco Flow (Bartlett ' 89) "heavy purple plic stitches on
white ground; blue beard" --Sandra

I'm glad you posted this lovely photo, Sandra.  This DM winner from
England has been one of my favorites and has performed extraorinarily
well here.

Incidentally, I have noted registrations from it in TB height range.
I keep intending to cross it with 'Charleston' or 'American Classic,'
but have not yet gotten pods from the few attempts.  With the classy
quality and vivid contrast of 'Orinoco Flow' I would expect some good
seedlings.

I also like the name--the song, recorded I believe by Enya, was one I
found fascinating.  The "baptismal" images in the video were likely
unintentional, but vivid none the less.  I'd love to have used the
song/video combination in a Confirmation class had I had opportunity
to teach one.

Neil Mogensen   z 7 western NC mountains