best compression strategy

  • Subject: [iris-photos] best compression strategy
  • From: "Harold Peters" <harold@directcon.net>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 10:16:59 -0700

Hopefully there are some computer  image experts lurking on this group. I am scanning 5" x 7" photos at 150 dpi for a web site. File sizes are 75 to 100 kb range. I need the file size to be 25 to 35 kb without cropping. Is there a best strategy for getting this reduction while maintaining a good to excellent image quality and the best image size for the viewers?
Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762