Re: Need ID for NOID IB

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Need ID for NOID IB
  • From: Jan Lauritzen janicelauritzen@yahoo.com
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 12:07:01 -0700 (PDT)

I do not think it is Hellcat.  I grow it (it is a favorite) and this one is not familiar.  Here is a site to look at a picture of it.  http://auldenfarm.co.uk/irisphotos/hellcat.jpg
See what you think.
Jan in San Fernando

slengst@aol.com wrote:
I'd sure like an ID for this NOID IB.  It popped up amongst some IB's I purchased 2 years ago, none of which bloomed last year but all did this year.  The seller doesn't recognize it; it could be a gift of the bees.  But perhaps someone recognizes.  Its a little small for an IB but bloomed very late for even IB's at my place. Dark day, after some rain, but there's been no real light since it bloomed to get a better pic.  Looks like a two toned concord grape, to me.
Sharon Engstrom
Colville, WA
zone 4b

Discover Yahoo!