RE: Re: HYB:Interesting seedling

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] Re: HYB:Interesting seedling
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 13:12:23 -0700

I like this one.  Not every iris has to crumple its falls with ruffles.

I had half a dozen Mother Earth seedlings bloom this year.  Each had the tallest stalks I have ever had in my garden.  They were about four feet tall, mostly pretty yellow/violet bicolors with only four big flowers perched on the last foot of the stalks.  They will be gone as soon as I get around to digging them.  Has anyone else had this experience with Mother Earth babies?  They were Mother Earth X Pink Lenox.

Mother Earth herself is gone now.  She didn’t like my soil and climate.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9