Re: CULT: Pod setting

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Re: CULT: Pod setting
  • From: thomas silvers tesilvers@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 06:15:20 -0700 (PDT)

>"jgcrump" <jgcrump@erols.com> wrote:
>It seems to me that the first couple of flowers
>blooming on a stalk are more
>liable to set seed than those blooming later on the
>same stalk.  Any other
>thoughts on this?  --  Griff

I'm relatively new to hybridizing (but I've been
dabbling around for a few years). I haven't yet
noticed any difference in fertility between the first
and last blooms on a stalk. I'll attach a picture
showing a stalk of one of my seedlings ('Kupari' X
'Rosemarys Dream'). The flowers were fairly spread out
in timing of bloom, and I know that I pollinated every
flower on this stalk with the same pollen. It looks
like every one "took". I'll let you know if any of
these turn out to be balloon pods.

Discover Yahoo!

Yahoo! Groups Links