Re: Sino-Sib: seedling 8

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Sino-Sib: seedling 8
  • From: Laurie Frazer laurief@paulbunyan.net
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:48:44 -0500

I've been selecting seedlings with a wider growing range than typical. It isn't difficult since they really shouldn't do well here either. :-)

I've read that Sino-Sibs can be difficult, but I have no personal experience with them at all. Your seedlings are absolutely stunning. I hope they are tough enough to handle a very northern climate.
I'll be dividing some of the most promising Sino-Sibs next spring and your area sounds like a good place to send trial plants.

I'd be honored to host them and see how they do here.

Best of the group is this dark beauty with velvety falls. Increase is off the charts.

Sounds like a promising seedling, even for here.

normal annual precipitation 26-27"