Red Thornbird seedling and reliable appendages, crosses and other stuff

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Red Thornbird seedling and reliable appendages, crosses and other stuff
  • From: Chris Darlington chrisdarlington@videotron.ca
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:57:53 -0400

Here's another one from Thornbird x Tripple Whammy, it's very deformed but the color is striking.  I'm going to keep my eye on this one to see how it does next year.  It doesn't suprise me now that Rick Tasco got Solar Fire from a Thornbird cross.  TB bloomed too late to use this year but I fully intend to use it next year, I enjoyed it and have plenty respect for it.
One the pod front, it looks as if all of my efforts have amounted to a paltry 4 or 5 pods.  This is it and this first time I get such a low ratio of takes since I commonly make up to 40 crosses per year.
Tiger Honey x Rock Star
Codicil x Mesmerizer
Sultry Mood x Doctor No
Reincarnation x Sultry Mood
A purple Thornbird seedling x Donald's Thornbird seedling
Performance wise in the appendage department, the two winners were Mesmerizer and Reincarnation, neither of them missed an appendage, very impressive and both recently moved to a better location.  Two of my Sky Hooks x Thornbird seedlings were also very reliable including the one I posted with the large crimson flounces.  I'll be very interested to see what type of spring we get next year and how the it effects appendage development.
Once again, I've gone on for too long.

Yahoo! Groups Links