{Disarmed} Re: HYB:What do I do with a bee pod

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] HYB:What do I do with a bee pod
  • From: "Pearl Doyle" pdoyle@our-town.com
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 16:07:13 -0500

Yes let it dry and break it open. It should have a lot of seeds in it. I've only had a few pods myself but I did plant one last year. I only got one plant from it and some little worm found it tasty so I'm waiting to see if any more sprout. I've had much better luck with Louisiana iris and Siberian iris sprouting.  I should see a bloom from a Louisiana iris next year although it won't be much of a surprise. The only LA I had at that time was Clyde Redmond so it must have self pollinated. Therefore I expect to see another purple iris, probably that I can't tell from it's parent.

But Pearl, do I let it dry, then harvest the seeds from it & plant or can I just plant the whole thing & see what happens.   See, I did not pay attention in class did I?

.
Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590&grpId=43451&grpspId=1602632694&msgId=33454&stime=1150057602
__._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590&grpId=43451&grpspId=1602632694&msgId=33455&stime=1150061921

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS