{Disarmed} Re: Is any one else getting this "free iris" message?

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Is any one else getting this "free iris" message?
  • From: Jan Lauritzen janicelauritzen@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:48:06 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you John.  I know about Phishing and would not send a message.  That is the same reason I did not open it.
I think I will see if I can forward it to Kent as he has offered to try and check it out on his MAC.  However, I am not sure I can find a way without opening it or ??  I will have to get some advice from my son first.
Anything I do with it will be done off-group.  I do not want to create problems for anyone.
Thank you,
Jan in Chatsworth

John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com> wrote:
Connie (et. alia)

Sending a response as Connie suggests may be a very bad idea. Often
spammers send out messages like that just hoping someone will respond
to it. When they get a response, they know they have a valid address
(the responder's) and can add it to a list for spammers to use. It is
called Phishing (fishing)

Unfortunately the way it is.

On Jun 14, 2006, at 6:45 AM, cseggen1@aol.com wrote:

> It might be someone wanting 'free iris'.  Try sending a message TO
> the person's address asking who she is & see if it goes thru or you
> get a response.
> Connie Eggen
> Warsaw, MO zone 5+

John | "There be dragons here"