{Disarmed} Re: Re: Photo Sugar Coated

  • Subject: [PHOTO] {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Re: Photo Sugar Coated
  • From: Jan Lauritzen janicelauritzen@yahoo.com
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 18:21:33 -0700 (PDT)

Now that I study the Schreiner's catalog, mine definitely had a different color beard.  However that picture of Sugar Coated was taken at Schreiner's inside their viewing area.  I don't know why Schreiner's would have an incorrectly labeled iris there.
They had cut many different irises and had them in a large room.  On tables filling the rntire large ares were containers with of stalks of iris.  Every cultivar was labeled.  There were order forms and people were looking and marking their order forms.
I had cropped the Sugar Coated picture to show the one flower.  Here is the entire picture.  As you can see this is where they were arranged on a table.  This table was just at the opening to the around the room and displayed all of their 2006 Intro and Bonus iris.  I am also sending a full picture of Blackalicious which I took only 3 minutes before SC,.  I think that is Sugar Coated behind and to the right.  And probably the edge of On The Move (blue-violet plic).
I do not have a picture of SC from another garden, or even in a garden.  I was at Schreiner's on Friday - in the rain.  I did not see it in the garden, only inside.  It was not listed for a guest there and so I did not see it wherever it was planted in the larger fields.
I am attaching a picture to show you another example what we were seeing on the other tables inside the room. Some of the containers only had a few stalks in each, butothers were overflowing.  Bold Look is a 1993 but it gives you the idea.
Maybe someone else took a picture of SC in a garden and will send it.

irischapman@netscape.net wrote:
The photo showed llavender beard. Schreiners catalogue photo shows
orange beard.

Did all the guest clumps have the lavender beard?

Chuck Chapman

Do You Yahoo!?
http://mail.yahoo.com __._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590&grpId=43451&grpspId=1602632694&msgId=33686&stime=1151025829