Re: HYB: siblings

  • Subject: Re: HYB: siblings
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 09:30:07 -0500

Adam  --  As tailored as they are, they probably won't change much in appearance, although they might get larger, flare more and produce more branching.  In short, they might become a bit more attractive than they already are.  But seedlings do improve, and even show marked changes in appearance from year to year (better or worse) as they mature.  So, if you have the space, it's worth keeping a "maybe" seedling for up to 5 years, I'd say.  You may also see traits in it that you can use in breeding, even if the seedling itself isn't introduceable.   I like those light beards contrasting with the blue.--  Griff