Re: RE: HYB: Aqua-teal striped styles

  • Subject: Re: RE: HYB: Aqua-teal striped styles
  • From: Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 08:52:37 -0700 (PDT)

Mary,  The color is wonderful.  I am wondering about the striped styles.

A few years ago I crossed what I thought was Painted Plic (an older one) with Sky Queen (RE) a few years ago and produced seedlings with striped styles.  Until yours, they are the only ones I have noticed.  Here is mine.    I am not sure of the Paited Plic heritage because the iris I had was a wonderful broken color (which disappeared the next year) and PP is not really described as such.

   Painted Plic  Ensminger Butterfly blue striped white with occasional plicata markings of moorish blue around all edges; yellow ocher beard tipped violet.  Doodle Strudle x Charmed Circle  1983

Jan in Chatsworth

Mary Swann-Young <MryL1@msn.com> wrote:

Sorry about the focus.  Color not right on my monitor, but these stripes
are somewhere between aqua and teal.  Imagine my surprise when I opened
the first bloom!

Maiden bloom on Painted Pictures X Vienna Waltz seedling.  Only explanation
I can offer for making the cross is I liked VW substance so much I put pollen
from it on anything still open (blooms really late). Big thing, like PP. And, yes,
much better substance than PP. (Terminal and a spur above this bloom)

Blooming normally this year was, in itself, an achievement here. Heck, blooming
at all was.

Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

image/pjpeg