Re: TB: HYB: Rebloom

In a message dated 6/12/2007 1:20:49 P.M. Central Daylight Time, fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net writes:
<<Why does an iris that is not a rebloomer occasionally rebloom? >>
Perhaps they are true examples of sporadic rebloomers?
It would seem impossible (to me) for an iris that has no rebloom genes to bloom other than spring.  I've never heard of Silverado or Skating Party (just examples) blooming off season anywhere.
But then I'm not a geneticist.
Maybe someone has an explanation for iris that rebloom (bloom off season) but aren't rebloomers!  I'd sure like to know what to call the non-rebloomers that rebloom!
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives
iris-talk archives