Re: HYB: TB: Skating Party

  • Subject: Re: HYB: TB: Skating Party
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 00:17:04 +0200

My pleasure, Francelle !

Loïc
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2007 9:15 PM
Subject: [iris-photos] HYB: TB: Skating Party

I want to thank Loic for looking up the genealogy of Skating Party.  Though I still don?t know if it carries any rebloom genes.

Skating Party has always been one of my favorites.  My very first pollen daubing attempt mated Skating Party with a rose pink-iris, Spring Fling.  I dreamed of large, beautifully ruffled, rose-pink  seedlings.  I got a big pod with lots of seeds.  They germinated well.  They made a row of very vigorous clumps.  Then they bloomed.  Small, plain, dirty whites, they were all absolutely awful!  My first seedlings!  It?s a wonder that I ever did any more pollen daubing.  Of course, I did, but I have never again used Skating Party as a parent.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group