Re: SPU Countess Zeppelin

  • Subject: Re: SPU Countess Zeppelin
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:20:37 +0200

Hello Jan

I cannot believe people can survive in such hot conditions...!

here, the dew lingers till midday, must wear rubber shoes not to have soaked feets all morning...

(Just to bring you a bit of fresh air...)

Now back to the subject:

i only have 16 spurias.

The first i planted didn't have a chance to bloom, they have been moved so often....
Now the garden has found  it's definitive pattern, so the Spurias can finally settle.
I have been already rewarded by 4 that have bloomed this year.

I just planted last month 3 that came from Australia with Barry Blyth Bearded.
I ordered the tallests i could:
Fly so high/ 65", Sidonie/ 60" and Upon a harp/ 56"
I hope i can cross them and maybe get even taller ones!
The garden is quite big and the earth is so rich tall flowers are really welcome, to peak though the mass of vegetation.

Haven't made any cross yet, have done so much ( at least 1600, with the amazing result of 500 pods ripening...)with the Bearded, i'm almost overdosed...
Even the ensada hardly tempted me...

But i know when i see the extra tall Spurias bloom, i won't resist long....
It might take several years, though, they seem to need a long time to settle!
I will have time to recover from my pollen hangover!

Will keep you posted !

Loïc